Well the last of the semi-finals is over and we now know all the entries performing on Saturday for the final!
This semi-final was not as good as Tuesday’s with only one or two that I think stand a chance of winning but at least my favourite Norway got through. I am looking forward to cheering Margaret on at my Eurovision party.
The ten finalists chosen from this semi-final are:
- Hungary: Kedvesem by ByeAlex
- Azerbaijan: Hold Me by Farid Mammadov
- Georgia: Waterfall by Nodi Tatishvili & Sophie Gelovani
- Romania: It’s My Life by Cezar
- Norway: I Feed You My Love by Margaret Berger
- Iceland: Ég Á Líf by Eyþór Ingi
- Armenia: Lonely Planet by Dorians
- Finland: Marry Me by Krista Siegfrids
- Malta: Tomorrow by Gianluca
- Greece: Alcohol Is Free by Koza Mostra featuring Agathon Iakovidis
I chose six of these songs with the exception of Iceland which was a good song but I really wanted San Marino to get through because they never have, Finland which was irritating, Malta which was once again a good song but I preferred Albania, and Greece who were TERRIBLE! Greece always go through but this was just awful and meant that Israel, a genuinely good, well-sung song, did not get through. Poor taste Eurovision.
I also liked Switzerland who did not get through but had the oldest contestant ever to perform at Eurovision at the ripe old age of 95!
My favourites of the night were of course Norway and Romania’s Cezar, who’s voice was nothing short of amazing and has to be heard and seen to be believed. So here it is…